What is UGC NET Exam Eligibility, Process, How to Prepare
What is UGC NET Exam
UGC (University Grant Commission) stands for University Grants Commission. It is a statutory organization, which was established in the year 1956 by the Government of India. This institution provides accreditation to all universities in India, UGC is headquartered in New Delhi, UGC NET is a national eligibility test, which till now was conducted by CBSE on behalf of UGC and in future this exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency. (NTA) has been decided by the government to organize. This exam is conducted to become a lecturer in the university and obtain Junior Research Fellowship. Detail information about UGC NET exam is being provided on this page.
Information About UGC NET exam
It is a national level eligibility test, conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) through CBSE or National Testing Agency. This exam is conducted for the post graduate students to get admission in the university level teacher job and PhD level programs in India. This test checks the aptitude of the candidate for teaching profession and research. It is conducted for all the subjects included in Masters, you can prepare according to your subject.
In this examination, the age limit for Junior Research Fellowship has been fixed at 28 years and for Assistant Professor, the age limit has not been fixed.
It is mandatory for the candidate to have minimum 55% marks in graduation. There is a relaxation of 5% for reserved category candidates.
How Many Times UGC Exam Conducted
UGC NET exam is conducted twice in a year. The notification of which is issued in March and September and the examination is conducted in June and December respectively.
Two papers have been prescribed in the NET exam, both these papers will be computer based and objective type questions will be asked in both the papers. 50 questions will be asked in the first paper, for which 100 marks are fixed and the time duration is one hour. A total of 100 questions will be asked in the second paper, for which 200 marks have been fixed and for this two hours are allotted. Total 150 questions will be asked in NET exam for which 300 marks are fixed and time is 3 hours.
|shift||Paper||number of questions||Number||Period|
1. Issue of UGC Notification.
2. Filling of online application form by the candidate.
3. Issuance of Admit Card by UGC after successful application.
4. Downloading of Admit Card by the candidate and appearing for the examination at the scheduled time and venue.
5. Issuance of answer key by UGC after the examination.
6. After some time, the result of the examination is issued by the UGC.
7. If the candidate is successful, then he can apply for the post of teacher in the university or college, and can apply for PhD program.
NET Exam Preparation
1. For the preparation of NET exam, you should have knowledge about the syllabus according to your subject, its syllabus is very wide, so it is very important to understand it well, because the level of questions is very difficult, questions The question paper is asked in depth, so if you don’t know it properly, you won’t be able to answer it.
2. All questions in this exam will be optional and the options of the question are kept very close, due to which the candidate gets confused in answering, so prepare very well.
3. To prepare for NET exam, you should solve previous years question paper, these question papers will be available to you on its official website.
4. To prepare well for the exam, you should make notes, these notes will help you a lot at the time of revision in the exam.
5. For the preparation of NET exam, you should take help of coaching institute, you can also get help of online coaching through internet.
Here we have provided you information about the UGC NET exam, if you have any kind of question related to this information, or want to get any other information related to it, then you can ask through the comment box. We are waiting for your feedback and suggestions.
You can get more such information through our portal jee-main.com On our portal, you can get the latest information related to current affairs, daily news, articles and competitive exams, if you liked this information, then definitely like our facebook page, and do not forget to subscribe to the portal.